Thursday, June 18, 2009

Being weighed

So here's how we start the day. They are getting 2 small supplemental feedings per day. Bella is doing her part but we just want steady gains. All puppies HATED the powdered formula so I switched back to the goat's milk pre-made and had a hard time finding enough of it. I first weigh all puppies each morning and then one by one they get their little bit out of bottles. 9 out of 10 puppies have reached the 2 lb. mark this morning. The last one is close behind. My beautiful scale came with a nice matching bowl but they have outgrown that one. So I move up to another size and pretty soon, I'll have to change that too.Number 1 puppy really did not pop her head up too much but scrambled around the bowl. Ms. 2 was moving a bit and I had to snap this photo quickly. I am not the best photographer. But these were all taken with my iphone.


Well, he was moving around and this slightly blurred picture is the best I could get for Mr. 3.
Ms. 4 posed beautifully for me this morning. One of the rare moments.
Number 5 was quiet enough, at least for this picture, then she started moving all over. I was lucky to get this one shot. Number 6 was pretty good for me and I've taken a liking to him. Hmmmmm, will this be the male I keep? Don't know yet. So Mr. 7 was nice enough to hold still while he felt the need to get out of the bowlWell, number 8 was quiet enough that I could get this decent shot of her.Here's 9, she was more interested in climbing out than being weighed. I have to hold the bowl or they tip it and fly out. OK, well 10 was climbing out of the bowl. She is a large girl and by the time I get to 10, there's the smell of formula in the air, and she's looking for it. And, here they are after being fed (supplemented a bit by me) and put back with mom. They still attack her as if they are starving. Pushing and shoving, it's the strongest first and all others, move over!

No comments:

Post a Comment